Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Quotes From a Grateful Nation: Day Five

WOMEN WHO STEPPED UP WERE MEASURED AS CITIZENS OF THE NATION, NOT AS WOMEN...THIS WAS A PEOPLE'S WAR, AND EVERYONE WAS IN IT.
Colonel Oveta Culp Hobby


THEY HAVE GIVEN THEIR SONS TO THE MILITARY SERVICES. THEY HAVE STOKED THE FURNACES AND HURRIED THE FACTORY WHEELS. THEY HAVE MADE THE PLANES AND WELDED THE TANKS, RIVETED THE SHIPS AND ROLLED THE SHELLS.
President Franklin D. Roosevelt


P.S. I know... Two?? But, they just seemed to go together, ya know?? :) By the way, in the way of answered prayers.... you ever have one of those moments when you think "hey I might need to think about budgeting for that soon" and then God just drops it in front of you?? Totally happened yesterday! I had just mentioned to my mom about getting a bedroom set. (I have bits and pieces.. just what I need to exist basically. Dresser, bookshelf, mattress.) That night, my mom tells me someone wants to get rid of their whole bedroom suite! I mean there is enough furniture for 2 rooms! And they just said "take it, here, its a gift!" (okay, maybe not in those words exactly...) Don't you love how awesome God is?? :)

No comments: