Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rest, Thanks to a Migraine!

Yeah..... I'm one of those people! You know the ones who don't take a break, ever?? The ones who never use their sick days. (If I'm going to be miserable, I might as well go all out!)
Well, today (or really, last night at 2:30am) I got a migraine. The really, really, really bad kind. The kind where the glow from the digital readout on my alarm clock felt like an ice pick in the brain, and my cat snoring in the next room, behind a closed door covered in fifty pairs of shoes (they should count as insulation right??) sounded like a train running thru my room. Yeah, I couldn't read, watch TV, crochet, nothing. All I could do was flip my pillow over every 5 minutes looking for a cool spot. So after about 3 hours and a bunch of pain meds I finally fell asleep again. Only to be woke by the alarm an hour later. Now remember, I'm one of those people! I got up ready to give work a go, and on came the pain again and nausea with it...... I do not lie when I say 30 seconds later I was on the phone with my boss calling in sick!
So now, thanks to a migraine, I am taking a day of rest. See God has to be pretty drastic to get me to take a day off! Don't be like me! Know your limits! Take the time before He makes you take it! It's not pleasant! :)
Thank you God that I could finally get out of bed, but I'm still on meds with a dull ache. So pray that it goes away huh??
Jessica
(the stubborn one)

P.S. Please pray for my friend Shauna. She just got some potentially scary news, so pray that everything is fine, and that she can leave the problem in God's hands and not worry about it too much. You can check out what's going on at her blog searching for our tree of life... Prov.13:12

3 comments:

shauna said...

I like the little dancing chicks.(!!!) Thanks for the prayers. Sometimes I just feel like the drama has to end sometime, right? Oh well. I know what you mean about the migraines. I've had a few since I've been pregnant, and they're not cool. I have no qualms about calling in sick, though I haven't done that because of a migraine yet. I just use it as an excuse to be really grumpy at work. :) Hope you feel better soon.
-Me

Anonymous said...

Hope it doesnt last all day and you can enjoy a day off work!

Patty Jo said...

Awe! Hope you get to feeling better! What a way to take a day off! :( Try to get more rest girly!