Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

This week has been incredible. I could have gone home, and probably made more money for school and been closer to family, but I knew God wanted me here. If this week is the only reason that God wanted me to stay the summer, it has been worth it.
Kenny Baldwin was here for Teen Extreme, which means that every night there are chapel services. I went every night, and every night God has given me something amazing. Tonight he preached on dreams. Joseph had some pretty incredible dreams, and no one believed that they would come true. He never stopped believing that God had had given him those dreams though, and eventually they all came true.
Tonight I realized that I have been doubting God. He gave me this dream of getting married and having a family when I was 3 years old. When people ask me what God has for my life, my answer has always been raising a family for Him. In the last several years though the answer has turned into "I don't know," because I have gotten discouraged. I still had the dream, but I wondered if it was truly what God wanted for my life. As of Sunday I became the last in my youth group of almost 40 to be single, and I was one of the older ones. Yes, even my little sister is off the market! She said "yes" to the big question on Sunday. :)
Anyways, I had started wondering if God wanted me to be single for the rest of my life. I had been praying all week for God to show me something special, and to help me to be comfortable in the decision if that's what He wanted for my life. Tonight though, God gave me something I wasn't expecting. A crystal clear answer. A message on dreams coming true, and never giving up if that's what God has given you. Every time I have prayed and asked God what His will for my life is, the answer has always come back the same. I am confident that God has given me this dream, and I am never going to doubt it again. One day God will answer if I stay in HIS will for my life.
So now it's back to the waiting game. Only it's going to be a little different this time. I'm going to dream bigger, because my God is the God of the impossible and one day in the near future I'll be able to post one of my favorite verses as the title to an entry.
 
Psalm 118:23 This is the Lord's doing; it is marvelous in our eyes.
 
How to be a Dreamer Whose Dreams Come True
by Kenny Baldwin
Genesis 37
1. Have a relationship with the Almighty
2. Be right with your authority
3. Be remarkable in your attitude
4. Be respected by your associates
5. Receive your authentication
 

2 comments:

shauna said...

First of all, please tell Becci congrats from me! Secondly, I totally agree with all that you said in this post. If God gives you a desire he is *going* to fulfill it. If it's not his will he will take the desire away. I'm praying for ya girl! Waiting is not fun, but it is awesome when God answers your prayers (and I know he's going to answer yours). Love ya <3

momof5girls said...

Jess, this is one of the most exciting and encouraging blogs I've read from you! I'm so happy for the peace I know you have from God. You have been one of "my" girls in my prayers for a while now and I know in my heart that good things are on the horizon! I'm, as Bro. Wright is famous for saying, "anxiously anticipating" the outcome.
Love you bunches!