Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

4th of July!!!!

Well, our marvelous 3 day weekend has ended. Have you ever had one of those days that you wished would just last forever? I had a whole weekend full of them! Want to know the best part? They were all those days that never seem to end. We had our weekly party on Friday night. They are usually themed and full of craziness in celebration of making it thru another week. Oh yeah, they don't start until 10:45pm. You can imagine the stuff that happens with very tired, caffeinated, sugar-high girls! On Saturday we had a birthday party for Kassandra that included a vegan cafe (she's vegetarian) a stop at Taco Bell for us carnivores, a Penguin themed cake that was to die for, and then we topped the night off with bowling. I almost broke 100 which is a BIG deal for me! :) Sunday was an amazing day in church with a special service. After church we went downtown to see the fireworks. 8 girls, a picnic that included fried chicken, watermelon, and all the sides, and fireworks for 3 hours was the perfect recipe for an amazing night! Monday we all just took off to sleep! :)
 
I just want to leave you with the outline from tonight's service. I had a very rough day. I was moved from cleaning the Library (which I really enjoy) to another building. I was really disappointed. I am in charge now, but it's just a status quo thing. No pay raise, just more responsibility. Add that to a rough week last week dealing with some personal contentment issues and financial stuff, I was just plain discouraged. I even got an amazing answer to prayer regarding said finances, but I was just a little blah. So, tonight I prayed before church that God would just make the message personal to me tonight. Boy did He answer! :) God is so awesome like that! So without further ado, her it is!
 
Dealing With Discouragement
2 Kings 19
1. Focus on His sufficiency
2. Find His solution (not your solution)
3. Fulfill His service (by realizing and responding)
Pastor Joe Shakour
 
P.S. For those of you wondering about how I like my new roomie... Kassandra is my roomie! I was able to pick my roommate and having someone you not only know, but have lived with before is such a blessing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun,I will be looking up those verses,thanks for sharing:)