Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Praying for the President

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I know, it's been awhile! I wanted to wait to blog until I could get calmed down. It was a rough election for me. None of my co-workers share my political views, and have made it miserable for me at work. I also know someone running for office locally, and his opponent ran a vicious campaign. That race ended in a recount, and he lost. :( So here I was, praying for God's will, but not quite prepared for His answer. (even though in my head I was ready, it was still a rough Wednesday!) It took a little while, but I'm ready now to get behind our President-Elect and support him thru prayer.
So now I'm joining Michael Hyatt in his Four Commitments to Obama.

1. I will pray for him and our country.
2. I will assume his motives are good, giving him the benefit of the doubt.
3. I will not speak ill of him, even if I don’t always agree with him.
4. I will cast off the spirit of cynicism, and be a positive force for good.


I may not agree with Obama on almost any issue, but the Bible is clear on how I need to respond to this! So I've taken it to heart, done some serious Bible time, and I'm ready. Are you?

2 comments:

Pete said...

You are not alone and there is comfort in numbers. While you can commit to not saying anything against the President Elect (as a person), you can still speak out about his ideas for the, OUR, Country if you disagree. He will be your president and living in America you do have the wonderful right to openly express your opinion.

Keep the faith, in all respects.

Pete (in Wisconsin) *smile*

Chic Magnolia's said...

hey girl! I know what you mean. I had it rough there too for awhile and decided he would not be my president. Instead, God made me realize that wouldn't be a right attitude and I am praying for him. Thanks for the great post!
p.s. Mom and Dad shared about the paperback swap from your parents. I LOVE it!! thanks!