Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Accepted! A Trip to DC, and Packing

I officially got my acceptance letter this week! Finally! :) It's been a week of tying up loose ends and long hours on the phone. yuck! The week started quite nicely though!
We spent some time with Andrea which included a quick trip to Washington DC. It was a great trip and worth the 6 hour round trip drive in one day! :) We were determined to do the Smithsonian's "Night at the Museum" scavenger hunt/tour before we left, and we just had to bring Andrea! :) I am happy to say that we did it all in about 6 hours! This included 5 museums! Can we say lots of walking???? :) So here's some pictures.......
Becci's favorite sign. They had a whole wing devoted to dirt. No lie!
My favorite exhibit was "Written in Bone: Forensic Files of the 17th Century Chesapeake" I have a crazy dream of becoming a Forensic Archaeologist, so this was AWESOME!!!!! Yes, those are real bones! They had the real case files out too! So cool! I think Becci's face says it for me! :)

I love this picture!!! We had a blast in this place!!! I was examining the skull, and Becci had to force Andrea to pick hers up! hehehehe She warmed up to it later though!
"These are a few of my favorite things....." Becci found hers! Disney, Earnhardt, and Star Wars!









After our day trip I had to get really serious about packing. ugh. My room is a disaster zone right now, but I can honestly say that I have never been more sure of where everything is! LOL It's very organized chaos! I would post a picture of it, but it would scare ya'll to death! :) It's been a brutal process of deciding what to bring, what to get rid of, and what to pack away. *sigh* Thank God I am driving, because I could not imagine packing for 6 months and either mailing it or bringing it on a plane!
So, I better get back to packing..... Pray for me tomorrow! I have to tell my Sunday School class that I'm leaving. :( Thankfully I'm leaving them in better hands than mine! :) OK..... must pack... packing is fun! right? :P

No comments: