Romans 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Friday, August 5, 2011

I'm back.... :)

I apologize for the absence y'all. But paying your way through college, packing all of your possessions, moving 1200 miles, starting a new job and then meeting your new roommate and getting settled into your new place takes a little time. :)

God has been soooo good! He has provided in ways that I never could have imagined. I have learned so much from this experience. I have learned a whole lot about trust. I never thought that I had an issue with trusting God, but boy have I been tested with that! :) I have lived since December without knowing where I would get the money to do my laundry, not to mention paying a school bill, car payment, gas, health insurance or in more recent months... groceries! lol God has always provided though. Usually at the very last minute, but always on time.

I had no idea where I was going work when I graduated. In November though, I received a job offer in the mail. I said no way and actually tossed the offer in the trash. :) I received a phone call about 2 weeks later to come interview for the job. I ignored the phone call and went on with my school. (Hey I had finals!) God really started working on me to at least listen to what they had to say so I went in and heard them out, I told them that I wasn't interested but that I would pray about it over the Christmas break. Over the break God really gave me a change of heart, I told God that if they offered me a certain amount of money that I would take the job. I got back to school to have a contract waiting for my signature for $100 more a month than I had prayed for.

I have now been at my new job for 2 months. I am actually really enjoying it! It uses more of my previous work experience than my college degree, but I really don't mind. :) I am working at a school, running the Business Office. (It's actually a lot less important than it sounds... I'm the only one who works in the Business Office! hehe)

My apartment mate is another totally amazing story that only God could have coordinated, but that is a story for another day.... :) Let's just say that I think there are going to be a whole lot more recipes and crazy fun times ahead... :) So until next time, I am going to leave you with two songs that God has used to encourage me these last few months. :) Enjoy!

1 comment:

shauna said...

Welcome back friend :) I'm glad to hear everything is going great with your job and that you have a good roommate. It is interesting how God chooses to test our faith as we get older and venture out on our own. I remember the exact moment when I was faced with the question of whether my faith was my own, and genuine, or if I was relying on the faith of my parents and those around me. Though there were hard times I wouldn't change anything about it because those times help you to know God in a personal way. I'm excited to hear more about what's going on with you! You are coming in Nov. for Kara's wedding right??? I will see you then :) Love ya!